Interested in an Author Visit?
An author visit is an incredible opportunity to connect young readers with the writer behind the book. Whether in person or virtual, I'd love to share my experience as an author with your students, where I hope to inspire, educate and entertain a wide range of future writers and artists. Contact Zen at firstname.lastname@example.org for author visit inquiries, including wholesale book prices!
The Positive Impact of Author Visits for Students
Bringing in authors to meet students humanizes them, it tells the students that they can aspire to be creative and successful and put something great into the world. Author visits help foster a life-long love for reading. They bring books to life on a whole new level, and they help students develop a greater appreciation for literature and the written word.
• An author visit gets kids reading, writing, and understanding the creative process.
• Meeting authors makes the reading, writing process, the literature, and the authors themselves real and accessible to the students.
• Knowing the inside story of a book’s creation helps students learn to recognize choices made by the author.
• Author visits help students develop the ability to make predictions, inferences, and
• Author visits inspire kids to do more of their own writing.
• Kids discover that authors take risks, persevere, and try again.
• The positive effects of an author visit last beyond the day of the visit.
Have Your Own Unicorn Day!
While there's an official International Unicorn Day on April 9th each year, your school or organization can make your own Unicorn Day any day of the year.
is highly desirable but difficult to find or obtain; a rare find
All kids are unique, rare, and magical!
Have a "Unicorn Day" at your school. Using the themes within the book, we will empower them to embrace their uniqueness and recognize their inner magic.
Author Visits with Zen
Coupon Code for Book Orders
30min or 1hr visits
(Encourage kids and staff to wear unicorn shirts or horns on the day of the visit)